Saturday, January 24, 2009

"I WON" = WE PAY

Someone ought to teach this Democratic Congress how to get a horse to stop (pull in the reins and say “whoa”) or how to stop a car (press on the brakes) or a runaway train (pull on the break lever). Someone ought to get a competent Chesley Sullenberger-type to land the broken “jet-of-state” safely. We are like lemmings heading to the edge of a cliff and getting closer everyday. We are like turkeys with our heads up and our beaks open during a sudden downpour.

We are on the verge of disaster, and when confronted by House Minority Whip Eric Cantor (R-VA) about giving tax credits to people who don’t pay taxes, our new President Barak Obama says, “I won. So I think on that one I trump you.” Huh???

Exactly how to fix our broken economy seems still to be unclear to all experts, but last I looked, the word “stimulus” means “something that arouses and excited to activity.” As I said earlier
the proposed stimulus package put together without any Republican input (not that they've shown more sense; they voted for the first package) contains so much pork that Congress ought to add that to the fart bill they’ve suggested for cows!!!!! I’m not sure who is passing that murderously horrific gas, and I think it’s coming from Pelosi, Reid, & Co.

I have one question about several aspects of the bill. HOW DO THESE PROPOSALS STIMULATE THE ECONOMY TO RESTORE NATIONAL FINANCIAL HEALTH?

$726 million for afterschool snacks
$50 million for the NEA (National Education Association)
$200 million for work on the National Mall—including grass
(deemed too expensive during the boon years)
Many other millions for contraception, Medicare, Head Start, nurse training, student loans.

I AM NOT SAYING THESE ARE NOT WORTHY CAUSES; I’M SAYING THESE DO NOTHING TO JUMPSTART THE ECONOMY.

The original package was supposed to deal with the base problem—the mortgage crisis. Where’s the money for that? And how is that money being spent?

The American public is being DUPED AGAIN so that President Obama can say he got a lot done in his first one hundred days? What is this Congress thinking?


No comments: